Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why is it this way?

For a while now, my stomach area has been really aggravating me. I saw the doctor in January and had blood work done and an ultrasound done to check out my stomach, kidneys, etc. Everything came back okay and nothing seemed to be wrong. They gave me Prevacid to take. I've been taking it ever since, and still having uncomfortable burning pains from my chest, down. Today, I went back to the doctor and told her that my problems were still occurring. She gave me a another prescription to take when my stomach (or whatever it is) is having spasms. We'll see how all that works out.

On Saturday, I'm having a CT scan done. Then going to a GI doctor sometime next week or the week after. After talking to my mom, I'm thinking I could have Celiac Disease. Celiac disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. People who have celiac disease can't tolerate gluten, which is in wheat - bread, pasta, etc... everything I love! Why I'm thinking this may be the problem, is because I taught a boy 2 years who was 4 years old and he had this disease. His stomach was really big for a kid, and it wasn't just "baby fat." After doctors found out his problem, and put him on a gluten-free diet, his stomach went completely back to normal.

With this said, I'm going to mention it to Wake Radiology on Saturday when I go in for my CT scan. Please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I feel fat and I hate feeling this way. Everyone around me says "you look fine" etc, but I just don't feel that way at all...I really want to get all of this solved, because it's kinda been irritating me and stressing me out recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment